Shoal Creek Boulevard
Austin Transportation Department (ATD) installed a protected bikeway, pedestrian crossings, and intersection improvements along Shoal Creek Boulevard between 38th Street and US 183.
Updated: December 3, 2020
What's happening now?
We've built the planned intersection and bikeway installation work on Shoal Creek Boulevard.
Thank you to everyone who lives and travels along Shoal Creek Boulevard for your continued interest and patience during construction over the last year.
Additional information about the underpass at RM 2222 will be shared by email as a groundbreaking date approaches. Click here to sign up for email updates!
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Emily Tuttle or call her at (512) 974-6509.
- September 11, 2020: Construction complete at Shoal Creek Boulevard/Woodview Avenue
- April 10, 2020: Construction beginning at Shoal Creek Boulevard and 38th Street
In late 2018, Austin Transportation began a Shoal Creek Boulevard community conversation in advance of regularly planned street maintenance. When roads are resurfaced as part of regular street maintenance, the existing street lines are covered, providing a “blank slate” to reconfigure the street if there is an opportunity to provide a safer, more accessible street design for all road users.
The public process for this project included one listening session, three open houses, and two public comment periods. As part of the second comment period, a range of alternatives were presented for community review. The selected alternatives were advanced after consideration of all community input, engineering and project constraints, adopted City policies, and opportunities for improvement along Shoal Creek Boulevard.
Funding for this project is available from the 2016 Mobility Bond.
- February 2020 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- October 2019 Pedestrian Crossing Islands Fact Sheet
- June 2019 Public Input Summary and Selected Alternatives Fact Sheet
- June 2019 All Public Input from second comment period
- March 2019 open house boards
- March 2019 narrated videos of open house boards
- February 2019 All Public Input from first comment period
- February 2019 Public Input Summary from first comment period
- December 2018 listening session boards
Emily Tuttle, Austin Transportation Department, 512-974-6509
Provide your email below to stay up-to-date on the Shoal Creek Boulevard project.