Number and Percentage of Archival Requests Fulfilled
The Austin Public Library History Center changes lives every day through their services and efforts to collect, preserve, and present the stories and materials that document Austin's unique history. As a research institution, the Austin History Center offers reference services to any person or group interested in exploring and researching the historical and ethnic heritage of Austin’s people, communities, and places. The Library’s History Center introduces these services widely through collaborative community outreach events and fulfills archival reference requests in person and through online resources.
The data that will be collected for this measure includes in-person, over-the-phone or video-call, and online research and reference-related questions and consultations. The timeline for reporting the data is from the fiscal year October 1, 2020 through September 30, 2021 as an annual year-end total.
This is a new measure. We will begin collecting data for fiscal year 2020/2021 on October 1, 2020.
Note: To see the underlying data for this chart, please select the "View Source Data" link to the left.
Additional Measure Insights
Measure Details and Definition
1) Definitions: This measure shows the number and percentage of archival requests fulfilled. Archival refers to Austin History Center’s information, resources, services, and materials. Requests are Reference Transactions. Reference transactions are consultations in which library staff recommend, interpret, evaluate, and/or use information resources to meet information needs. A reference transaction includes instruction and assistance in navigating information sources, in physical or electronic tools and platforms. (The request may come in person, by phone, by fax, mail, or by electronic-mail, or through live or networked electronic reference service from adults and youth.) The number is the actual count. Fulfilled means the Austin History Center responded to the request. The percentage is the portion of requests that received a response from the Austin History Center.
2) Calculation method: This measure is a volume count; there is no formula. The percentage of requests fulfilled will always be 100%.
3) Data Collection Process: We manually count the number of archival requests fulfilled.
4) Measure Target Calculation: This measure has no target; it is a volume measure.
5) Frequency Measure is Reported: Annually (Fiscal Year)
Date page was last updated: December 2020