Council District 9

Home | Council District 9

Fire Stations in the District

Each point on the map displays information specific to each location.

Fire Station 1

Opened
1938
Address
401 E 5th Street
AFD Station 1
Fire Station 2

Fire Station 2

Opened
November 1932
Address
506 W Martin Luther King Blvd
The original Station 2, located at 1614 Lavaca St.,was built in 1878. It housed Protection Hook and Ladder Company No. 3.

Fire Station 3

Opened
February 1957
Address
201 W 30th Street
Station 3 replaced the old fire hall at 3002 Guadalupe St. that was built in 1906 and housed North Austin Hose Co. No. 6.
Station 3
AFD Station 4

Fire Station 4

Opened
February 1905
Address
1000 Blanco Street
This fire station is the oldest still standing and occupied as a fire station.

Fire Station 6

Opened
October 1932
Address
1705 S Congress Avenue
Station 6 replaced the old wood frame structure that was built in 1895 to house the South Austin Fire Company No. 5.
Fire Station 6
AFD Station 9

Fire Station 9

Opened
August 1929
Address
100 E 43rd Street

Fire Station 14

Opened
September 1952
Address
4305 Airport Blvd
Crash truck apparatus were placed at newly completed Station 14 to provide fire coverage for the Municipal Airport complex. Fire Station 14 was completed and placed in service providing firefighting and crash rescue operations for incidents involving aircraft. Fire personnel and equipment serving the airport operate under Federal Aviation Administration guidelines.
AFD Station 14