Number of people employed in the creative sector in the Austin Metropolitan Statistical Area
This measure demonstrates the amount of people employed in the Creative Sector by specific industry codes, called NAICS [North American Industry Classification System]. There are 59 industries which are considered Creative Sector. The industries are visible in the dataset called Strategic Measure_Number of People Employed in Creative Sector Industries, CLL.B.2. Austin is considered to have a healthy ecosystem of creative sector professionals.
Refer to Austin's "Score" on the Creative Vitality Index.
Across almost all Creative Sector industries, Austin metro area has lost jobs. Only small increases were observed in news syndicates, dance companies, and film production; and those only represent 26 jobs total between 2017 and 2018.
Note: To see the underlying data for this chart, please select the "View Source Data" link to the left.
Additional Measure Insights
This area is under development.
Measure Details and Definition
1) Definition: This measure states how many people are employed in specific Creative Sector industries.
2) Calculation method: Total count of jobs by Creative Sector industry.
3) Data Collection Process: This data is collected from various federal data sets, including the Bureau of Labor and Statistics and formatted by Creative Vitality Suite.
4) Measure Target Calculation: City of Austin aims to at least hold steady on the number of jobs in Creative Sector industries.
5) Frequency Measure is Reported: Annually (Calendar Year)
Date page was last updated: April 2020