Performance Measure Definition: Stroke Alert Patient Count
Description: Count of patients contacted by ATCEMS personnel who are documented as meeting Stroke Alert criteria.
Desired Outcome: Not applicable
Relevance: This measure provides context for rate-based indicators describing ATCEMS management of Stroke Alert patients.
Measure Domain: Clinical Care
Type of Measure: Output
Formula Description: Count of all patients encountered by ATCEMS personnel documented as meeting Stroke Alert criteria.
Unit of Analysis: Patient contacts
- Numerator: All patients encountered by ATCEMS personnel for whom a Stroke Alert is called.
- Denominator: Not applicable
Measure Frequency: Quarterly
Minimum Population/Sample: None
Performance Standard: Not applicable
Acceptable Quality Level: Not applicable
Interval Description: Not applicable
Reporting Value(s): Count of Stroke Alert patients encountered by ATCEMS personnel.
- Temporal aggregations (month, hour of day, etc.) are based on the date/time of earliest recorded call pickup.
- Geographic aggregation is based on incident location
Stratification: May stratify by demographic, geographic, chronologic, or other factors as needed.
Related Measures: None
ATCEMS Open Performance Dashboard
- Dashboard Performance Goal: Stroke Treatment Bundle (related measure)
- Orientation: External
- Format: Line chart for current and previous fiscal year.
- Update Frequency: Monthly
- Data Source: Open Data table [EMS – Quarterly Clinical Measures - Stroke Alert]
City of Austin Open Data Portal
- Medium: Data table
- Table Name: EMS - Quarterly Clinical Measures - Stroke Alert
- Columns: Count – Stroke Alerts
- Aggregation Level: Fiscal Quarter
- Update Frequency: Quarterly
Office of the Medical Director, Austin/Travis County EMS System (2016). “Clinical Standard CS-7: Definition of a Patient.” Austin-Travis County Emergency Medical Service System Clinical Operating Guidelines version 021716.
Office of the Medical Director, Austin/Travis County EMS System (2016). “Clinical Standard CS-34: Stroke Alert Criteria.” Austin-Travis County Emergency Medical Service System Clinical Operating Guidelines version 021716.
Development Status: Actively reporting
Definition Version: Version A
Revision Date: 2017-03-07
Revised By: David Andersen