Open Data Asset Inventory Dashboard
This interactive dashboard provides an inventory of open data assets and visually presents an overview of the various types of data assets classified as public that have been published to the City of Austin Open Data Portal (data.austintexas.gov) by departmental data owners.
Total Open Data Assets
The data is updated daily to sync any changes, additional assets, or removed assets.
Please visit the dataset’s primer page to see the current total number of public assets (each row is an asset) on the Open Data Portal under section, “What’s in this Dataset?”
Filters: You can use the filter bar above to select the variables: Asset Name, Type, Category, and Department Name. All the visualizations on the page will dynamically change when non-default filters are applied. You can reset the visualizations back to their original settings by clicking the 'Clear All' link.
Visualizations: To Export Data or View Source Data, click on the kebab icon (3 vertical dots button) on the far top right of the visualization. When exporting the data, you can choose to download either the Filtered Data or All Data in your preferred file format (e.g., CSV, TSV, XML, etc.).
Asset Inventory Dataset
- Data Source: https://data.austintexas.gov/d/my8q-n4hf (Data provided by Tyler Technologies)
- Null values in columns indicate that the corresponding values are not available in the underlying data sources.
- Within the data source there are two columns that tally Row Count and Column Count for datasets. The row and column counts are not collected for non-tabular asset types (e.g., story, visualization, map, etc.). Hence, the Row Count and Column Count for these asset types have null values.
- To Export Data or View Source Data, click on the kebab icon (3 vertical dots button) on the far top right of the table. When exporting the data, you can choose CSV or CSV for Excel, as well as additional formats.
Asset Type Descriptions
– Datasets (collection of data) uploaded into the data management platform.
– These are web pages created for data storytelling purposes (data
analysis insights and findings based on datasets, visualizations, etc.).
– Charts created from datasets such as pie charts and bar charts.
These will also be linked to the original Dataset through the "More
– Downloadable files such as PDFs or Word documents.
– A measure is a metric card containing a timeline visualization that
can be embedded in a Story page. It tracks performance data over time and
can aggregate by time increment (year, quarter, etc.) and a variety of computations
(rate, average, etc.).
– Maps created from geolocation or geospatial data (shapefile, kml,
or kmz file).
– Also called Filtered Views or Derived Views, these are saved
filtered datasets obtained from an original dataset. Filtered Views are linked
to the initial dataset through the ‘More Views’ tab on its primer
– Also referred to as External Datasets, these are external links to
datasets or story pages stored elsewhere on the web.
– Assets that are a visual representation of data such as a bar chart,
column chart, pie chart, histogram, scatter chart, timeline diagram, etc.