Walnut Creek Trail System
Attend our Public Meeting
- Date: Tuesday, September 17
- Time: 6:30-8 p.m.
- Place: Dance Room, Gustavo “Gus” L. Garcia Recreation Center, 1201 E Rundberg Ln, Austin, TX 78753
- Submit a comment on these updates online from September 17 through October 1
Trail Network Limits
Walnut Creek Trail System Overview
- Section 1: Northern Walnut Creek Trail (Balcones District Park to MoPac)
- Section 2: Northern Walnut Creek Trail (Walnut Creek Metropolitan Park to IH-35)
- Section 3: Northern Walnut Creek Trail (Connection between Southern and Northern Walnut Creek Trails)
Walnut Creek Trail Network Projects
Southern Walnut Creek Trail
Northern Walnut Creek Trail Section 1: Balcones District Park to Walnut Creek Metropolitan Park
Northern Walnut Creek Trail Section 1 is located between Balcones District Park and Walnut Creek Metropolitan Park. The majority of this project is complete, and Northern Walnut Creek Trail Section 1 between Mopac and Walnut Creek Metropolitan Park was opened to the public in 2015.The remaining portion of Section 1(between Balcones District Park to Mopac) is planned to be completed by fall 2019.
Northern Walnut Creek Trail Section 2: Walnut Creek Metropolitan Park to IH-35
- Planning Phase: Winter 2010-Fall 2013
- Design Phase: Winter 2019-Fall 2020
- Construction: Winter 2020-Spring 2023
- Planning Meetings: The project team hosted two planning meetings for this project in 2014.
- Public Meeting: April 11, 2017: The project team hosted a public meeting to provide updates on Section 2. View the meeting presentation from the April 2017 public meeting.
- $2.5M from the 2016 Mobility Bond
- $1.5M from a TxDOT Grant
- $1,016,000 from the City of Austin Parks and Recreation Department
Northern Walnut Creek Trail Section 3: IH-35 to Southern Walnut Creek Trail
- $550,000 from the 2016 Mobility Bond
- Submit questions and comments about these projects
- Request a presentation for your group or organization