Walnut Creek Trail System
Trail Network Limits
Walnut Creek Trail System Overview
- Section 1: Northern Walnut Creek Trail (Balcones District Park to MoPac)
- Section 2: Northern Walnut Creek Trail (Walnut Creek Metropolitan Park to IH-35)
- Section 3: Northern Walnut Creek Trail (Connection between Southern and Northern Walnut Creek Trails)
Walnut Creek Trail Network Projects
Southern Walnut Creek Trail
- Call the 24/7 bilingual CTRMA 183 South project hotline at (512) 640-0060 or toll free at 1-855-245-4272
- Visit the CTRMA 183 South project website here to learn more about the project and for more ways to get updates and stay in the loop.
Northern Walnut Creek Trail Section 1: Balcones District Park to Walnut Creek Metropolitan Park
Northern Walnut Creek Trail Section 1 is located between Balcones District Park and Walnut Creek Metropolitan Park. The majority of this project is complete, and Northern Walnut Creek Trail Section 1 between Mopac and Walnut Creek Metropolitan Park was opened to the public in 2015.The remaining portion of Section 1(between Balcones District Park to Mopac) is planned to be completed by fall 2019.
Northern Walnut Creek Trail Section 2: Walnut Creek Metropolitan Park to IH-35
- Planning Phase: Winter 2013-Winter 2014
- Design Phase: Spring 2017-Spring 2020
- Construction: Fall 2020-Winter 2022
- Planning Meeting: The project team hosted a planning meeting for this project in early 2014.
- Public Meeting 1: April 11, 2017: The project team hosted a public meeting to provide on the Section 2 Design Phase. View the meeting presentation from the April 2017 Section 2 public meeting.
- Public Meeting 2: October 8, 2019: During the second public meeting, the team shared updates as Section 2 neared the end of the Design Phase.
- Neighborhood Meeting: February 25, 2020: On Tuesday, February 25, the Urban Trails Program shared updates at the Walnut Creek Neighborhood Association.
- $2.5M from the 2016 Mobility Bond
- $1.5M from a TxDOT Grant
- $1.5M from the City of Austin Parks and Recreation Department
- $2.9M from the City of Austin Urban Trails Program
Northern Walnut Creek Trail Section 3: IH-35 to Southern Walnut Creek Trail
- Public Meeting 1: August 14, 2018: The project team hosted the first public meeting to get community feedback for the Preliminary Engineering Report. View the meeting presentation from the first Section 3 public meeting.
- Public Meeting 2: September 17, 2019: The project team hosted a second public meeting to share project updates from the Preliminary Engineering Report process. See the presentation from the second Section 3 public meeting and boards from the second Section 3 public meeting.
- $550,000 from the 2016 Mobility Bond
- Submit questions and comments about these projects
- Request a presentation for your group or organization