The City of Austin is building improvements on Teri Road from IH-35 to Nuckols Crossing Road to enhance safety and mobility for everyone who uses this street.
Austin Transportation Department (ATD) led a community engagement process that resulted in a roadway design that adds lighting along the street, adds new pedestrian crossings, adds a buffered bike lane, and adds a new roundabout at the intersection of Teri Road and South Pleasant Valley Road. Bus stops will also be improved as part of this project.
Austin Energy installed new lighting in late 2019. Implementation of roadway improvements is now underway and is anticipated to be complete by mid-2021.
Safety and connectivity improvements on Teri Road between IH-35 and Nuckols Crossing Road will:
- Add safer crossings for people walking and rolling
- Reconfigure the travel lanes to reduce high-risk speeding
- Improve access to buses
- Add new bicycle lanes on both sides of the street
Planned changes on Teri Road from IH-35 to Nuckols Crossing Road include:
- A lane conversion from 5 lanes to 3 lanes from IH-35 to Freidrich Lane
- A lane conversion from 4 lanes to 2 lanes from Freidrich Lane to Nuckols Crossing
- New pedestrian refuge islands along Teri Road
- New floating bus stops
- New buffered bike lanes on both sides of the street
- New roundabout at South Pleasant Valley Road/Teri Road coming separately later
ATD anticipates these changes will calm traffic speeds, improve crossings for people walking and using transit, and increase comfort and safety for people riding bikes.
February 5, 2017 Walking Tour
- ATD hosted a community walking tour to better understand the safety and mobility needs for people using Teri Road.
October 3, 2017 Open House
- In response to community input, ATD hosted an open house to collect feedback on proposed changes to Teri Road.
Additional outreach to community groups, including GAVA and the Dove Springs Traffic Safety Team, led to location-specific feedback and improvements in the design.
Austin Transportation wants to hear from people who live, work, and travel on Teri Road.
Provide your email below to stay up-to-date on this project
Austin Transportation quiere saber de las personas que viven, trabajan y viajan en Teri Road.
Proporcione su correo electrónico para mantenerse actualizado sobre este proyecto.