Responding to Emergencies
Austin-Travis County EMS Field Operations are the front-line men and women of the organization dedicated to delivering the highest level of pre-hospital medical care to the citizens of Austin and Travis County. Our Department’s service area covers 1, 110 square miles including the City of Austin and Travis County as well as parts of Hays and Williamson Counties.
- Moved 115 patients from the old University Center Brackenridge Hospital to the new Dell Seton Medical Center
- Completed the conversion of all sworn staff from a 48 hour work week to a 42 hour work week
- Initiated a Beta Test of an Alternative Transport Unit (ATU) for patients low acuity patients still requiring transport to medical facility.
- Deployed EMS Special Operations Medics to conduct search and rescue operations in effected areas due to Hurricane Harvey (Port Aransas to Houston).
- Deployed EMS Medics and the AMBus to evacuate patient with medical needs from nursing homes and hospitals due to Hurricane Harvey.
- Deployed EMS Medics to provide Incident Management support in forward operating areas and state operations center.
- Worked with local Emergency Management personnel to setup and run medical support for sheltering operations at multiple sites and supported in logistics and medical of the Mega-Shelter.