of downtime of critical digital services caused by a computer security
vulnerability or threat actor
The City continues to increase its capabilities to detect and respond to computer security vulnerabilities and threats.
Additional Measure Insights
The Information Security Office and the various IT Divisions at the city work together to collect, monitor, and analyze data from a variety of sources. These data are used to identify and then respond to issues and potential issues with availability of service, providing optimal uptime and continued availability of critical digital services.
Measure Details and Definition
1) Definition: This is a measure of how computer security vulnerabilities and/or threat actors are affecting the availability of critical digital services.
2) Calculation method: This measure is calculated by the following formula: The total amount of downtime for critical digital services due to known computer security vulnerabilities and/or threat actors divided by total expected uptime. The result is multiplied by 100 to determine percentage.
3) Data Collection Process: The data is collected as part of standard monitoring for technology and cybersecurity operations.
4) Measure Target Calculation: The target will be calculated based on satisfaction ratings and the various initiatives planned by City departments to improve satisfaction levels.
5) Frequency Measure is Reported: Annually (Fiscal Year)