Note: The North Lamar Boulevard corridor Open House originally scheduled for Wednesday, October 10, has been temporarily postponed. To stay informed about a rescheduled date for this event, please sign up to receive a notification here.
If you have further questions, please contact Kelly Buethe at Kelly.Buethe@austintexas.gov or (512) 974-2615.
What is proposed for construction
In Spring 2018, the Austin City Council approved a Corridor Construction Program that includes mobility, safety, and connectivity improvements on North Lamar Boulevard to accommodate multiple modes of transportation, including driving, walking, biking, and taking transit.
These projects would:
- reduce vehicular delay and crashes
- improve the effectiveness of transit
- create continuous ADA-compliant sidewalks along the entire length of the corridor
- create continuous bicycle facilities along the entire length of the corridor.
More information about improvements for North Lamar Boulevard can be accessed by clicking on the following links:
Get more information about the Corridor Construction Program at AustinTexas.gov/CorridorMobility.
North Lamar/Burnet Corridor Mobility Plan
Corridor Mobility Plans were used as the basis for development of the Corridor Construction Program. The City of Austin finalized a Corridor Mobility Plan for North Lamar Boulevard/Burnet Road in December 2013.
This plan recommends short and long-term improvements for safety, mobility, and quality of life along North Lamar Boulevard between US 183 and Howard Lane.
Clink on the links below to read the plan:
- North Lamar - Burnet Corridor (FULL Report) - (PDF, 7.5 MB)
- Executive Summary - (PDF, 1.0 MB)
- Appendix A - Recommended Improvements (Cross Sections) - (PDF, 18.8 MB)
- Appendix B - Cost Estimates (PDF, 253 KB)
- Appendix C - Public Involvement Plan (PDF, 284 KB)
- Appendix D - Drainage Improvements (PDF, 219 KB)
- Appendix E - Traffic Counts (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Appendix F - Traffic Analysis (PDF, 327 KB)
The following outreach was conducted over the course of the Corridor Mobility Plan development process:
- Public meeting to introduce the planning process in September 2011 (64 participants)
- Second public meeting to review improvement ideas in January 2012 (62 participants)
- Stakeholder meetings with transportation and public agencies, major landowners, transportation advocates and interest groups
- Business open house hosted in October 2011
Click here to learn about outreach conducted since the plan was completed, during development of the Corridor Construction Program.
Throughout the planning process, members of the public often expressed the desire to facilitate more traffic on the road, while also improving bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure and safety. Top priorities identified for North Lamar Boulevard included improving sidewalks, pedestrian crossings and bicycle connections on the corridor.