Manchaca Road Corridor
The City of Austin is creating a Corridor Mobility Plan for the Manchaca Road corridor, funded by the 2016 Mobility Bond. A Corridor Mobility Plan is a preliminary engineering report with recommendations to improve safety, mobility, and connectivity. The limits of the Manchaca Road Corridor Mobility Plan are between South Lamar Boulevard and FM 1626.
Manchaca Road Corridor Mobility Plan
The goal of the Manchaca Road Corridor Mobility Plan is to make recommendations that will enhance mobility, connectivity, and safety for all users—including people who drive, walk, bike, and take transit.
Development of the plan kicked off in fall 2017 and is expected to conclude by the end of 2018. Mobility recommendations in the Manchaca Road Corridor Mobility Plan will not be funded for construction through the 2016 Mobility Bond, but may be funded for design and construction as future funding sources become available.
View preliminary mobility recommendations!
Second Phase of Public Engagement (Spring/Summer 2018)
As part of the Manchaca Road Corridor Mobility Plan development, the City of Austin gathered input from the community through two rounds of public engagement. The second round—during which the public was invited to look at recommended improvements to the roadway—occurred through Spring/Summer 2018. You can view a comprehensive summary of the second phase of engagement here. Events that took place during phase two included:
- A pop-up meeting at Half Price Books, hosted in May 2018 (23 participants).
- A survey that was shared at events, online, and through the Corridor Program Office e-newsletter, open from late November 2017 through early February 2018 (56 participants).
First Phase of Public Engagement (Winter 2017)
The first portion of public engagement occurred throughout Winter 2017-Spring 2018. You can view a comprehensive summary of that phase of engagement here. Events that took place during phase one included:
- A pop-up meeting at Sprouts Farmers Market, hosted in November 2017 (50 participants).
- A forum for business owners at Austin Community College: South Austin Campus, hosted in December 2017 (6 participants).
- A survey that was shared at events, online, and through the Corridor Program Office e-newsletter, open from late November 2017 through early February 2018 (581 participants).
Anticipated Project Timeline
The development of the Corridor Mobility Plan for Manchaca Road launched in fall 2017, with a goal of concluding by late 2018.