GTOPs Mini provides grant funds to Austin organizations to increase access to technology, provide digital/technology training, and to increase access to the internet; particularly in under-served segments of our community. GTOPs Mini offers individual grants of $5,000 to $10,000, with $60,000 in total funding available.
Grant applications are reviewed and assessed by a panel of qualified community representatives, staff, and representatives from the Community Technology and Telecommunications Commission.
Organizations interested in applying for GTOPs Mini funding should first read the Standard GTOPs Terms and Conditions for GTOPs Mini. All applicants are required to review the GTOPs Application Guide which will guide them through the application process. Any applicant, who has not previously done so, must register as a new City Vendor. Applications are submitted via an online form.
- Applicant must be an incorporated, tax-exempt organization in Austin or its Extra Territorial Jurisdiction
- Applicant must have the ability to comply with City purchasing requirements to ensure eligibility for receipt of funds
- Applications must demonstrate alignment with the goals of GTOPs Mini
- Only one application per organization will be funded per City fiscal year
- Funds are only available to organizations with organizational revenues under $2,000,000 per year
- GTOPs Mini Budget Template
- GTOPs Mini Performance Measures and Milestones Template
- Income Statement Example
The Telecommunications & Regulatory Affairs Office’s Community Technology Services division is also seeking GTOPs Grant Reviewers to help select future grantees.