GTOPs Core provides matching grant funds to Austin organizations to increase access to technology, provide digital/technology training, and to increase access to the internet; particularly in under-served segments of our community. GTOPs Core offers individual grants of $10,000 to $35,000, with $315,000 in total funding available.
Grant applications are reviewed and assessed by a panel of qualified community representatives appointed by the Community Technology and Telecommunications Commission, which has final approval over recipient selection.
Organizations interested in applying for GTOPs Core funding should first read the Standard GTOPs Terms and Conditions. All applicants are required to review the GTOPs Application Guide which will guide them through the application process. Any applicant, who has not previously done so, must register as a new City Vendor. There are two steps in the application process: submission of a letter of interest and an application. Both should be submitted through PartnerGrants.
- Applicants must be incorporated, tax exempt organizations residing in Austin or its Extra Territorial Jurisdiction
- Another organization may apply through a qualified 501(c)(3) organization as long as the 501(c)(3) acts as the fiscal agent and can directly meet all of the other eligibility requirements
- Program must align with at least one of the GTOPs goals, as follows:
- Increase use of digital and communications technology devices
- Increase knowledge and skills of digital and communications technology
- Increase access to and usage of the internet
- Applicant must have the ability to agree to the standard GTOPs terms and conditions, with no exceptions
- An organization can submit a maximum of three letters of interest for GTOPs per grant cycle
- An organization may apply for no more than one program per grant cycle
- An organization can only receive GTOPs funding three times in a rolling five year period
- Applicant must be able to provide or secure matching resources (in-kind, cash, and/or volunteer hours) equal to or greater than the requested funding amount
- GTOPs 2024 Launch Presentation
- Project Ideas and Examples
- Navigating PartnerGrants
- Organization Balance Sheet Example
- Income Statement Example
- W-9 Form
The Telecommunications & Regulatory Affairs Office’s Community Technology Services division is also seeking GTOPs Grant Reviewers to help select future grantees.