Welcome to COACCC 2018
THE PLEDGE TOOL HAS CLOSED. WE ARE ACCEPTING FINAL CASH DONATIONS FROM EVENTS THROUGH 4 P.M. THURSDAY, NOV. 15, IN THE HRD CONFERENCE ROOM (6TH FLOOR OTC). WE SHOULD HAVE RESULTS BY NEXT WEEK.
The City of Austin Combined Charities Campaign is our annual chance to give to charitable organizations serving causes near and dear to our hearts.
The campaign runs from Oct. 1 thru Nov. 9. This year, departments will be entered into weekly and overall prizes, so pledge early!
Our citywide fundraising goal this year is $520,000.
We have more than 400 organizations to choose from this year.
- Learn more about
them through the online charity look up tool (under the Main Menu arrow in the top
- Download the PDF brochure of all the participating charities.
How to pledge online
1. Click the "Pledge" button above or hyperlinked here.
2. Click "Recover my password" in the top right corner of the page.
3. Enter your city email address as your email address. The system already knows you by your city email address. NOTE: Your city email address reactivates your account. Your employee ID number is your username.
4. Click the green button to recover your password.
5. An email will be sent to your city account. Click to reactivate your account.
5. Create your password.
6. Click to proceed, and reenter your information. NOTE: Be sure to enter your username exactly as it's listed in the email. Your username should be your employee ID number.
7. Click to log in.
Now you should be set to enter your pledge.
What can your gift do?
$1 per paycheck provides
- new books for 10 children.
- a monthly bus pass to help an individual with transportation.
$2 per paycheck provides
- 144 meals for hungry Central Texans.
$3 per paycheck provides
- one cleft lip/palate surgery in a third-world country.
$5 per paycheck provides
- clothes, shoes, and winter coats for 40 children.
- a month’s electric bill for two elderly, fixed-income households.
- 48 students to the chance to improve their reading or math skills through tutoring.
$6 per paycheck covers
- three cat spays, reducing unwanted litters.
$10 per paycheck provides
- toys and food for needy families and children during the holiday season.
- refugee or a person displaced by a natural disaster with clean drinking water for a year.
- HIV counseling and testing for 25 at-risk individuals.
- an afterschool program for a child with disabilities.
$25 per paycheck provides
- food, shelter and clothing to two homeless persons.
Every pledge to COACCC makes a difference.
Questions about COACCC? Call 512-469-5989 or email email@example.com
We are excited to announce the overall COACCC prize -- open this year to FOUR lucky department executives.
The executives of the four winning departments don an inflatable unicorn suit, and dance to a song selected by their employees.
The categories [and standings as of 11/1] are:
- Large Department (500 employees or more): Public Works, 6.3%
- Medium Department (200 to 499 employees): Financial Services, 15%
- Small Department (100 to 199 employees): Law, 21%
- Very Small Department (99 employees or fewer): Auditor, 88%
Weekly Winners: The skinny
Back by popular demand: Departments again this year will compete for weekly prizes. The weekly winner is based on the percentage of employees who have pledged to the campaign.
The COACCC Champions will record a special, one-of-a-kind music video for the winners. Also, the winning department gets to hold onto the traveling trophy for one week.
Winning departments will be in charge of their own celebrations. Some ideas:
Check out the photo and video gallery below for 2017 weekly winner celebrations.
Week 1 Winners: Planning And Zoning (18%)
Week 2 Winners: Real Estate (37%)
Week 3 Winners: Auditor's Office (60%)
Weeks 4 & 5 Winners: Auditor's Office (88%)
Dino Dance Off
This year, dinos from the law, clerk's, and auditor's offices -- as well as a surprise contender from Communications and Public Information -- squared(danced) off Nov. 2 to raise money for the campaign. In fewer than 30 minutes, we raised a whopping $1,263.
And the 2018 Dino Dancing Queen is...
Stephanie Hall from the Clerk's Office!
Check out the highlight video below.
Seeing as how COACCC has been around for about 30 years, we've learned a few things in that time. Below are some of City employees' favorite COACCC events through the years, in case you're looking for ideas.
DISCLAIMER: Before scheduling your event, please make sure to read the ethics guidelines, cash handling requirements, and temporary food permit information under COACCC RESOURCES to make sure your event is on the up-and-up. And please make sure to remind your colleagues: Participation in COACCC and its events is optional.
- Pie your boss in the face
- Ping Pong Competition
- Dunk Tank
- Food Contest (chili, salsa, etc.)
- Silent or live auctions
- You've been flocked! (Co-workers can spend $10 to give someone a pink flamingo OR employees can purchase anti-flock insurance for $10).
- Coffee & pie
- Garage sale
- Food sale (baked goods, tacos, talames, etc.)
- Jail time (pay for someone to be put into jail; they have to raise money to get out)
COACCC 2018 Resources
2018 Campaign Leadership Committee
- 2017 Summary Report: The 2017 fundraising goal was $515,000; Staff pledged $533,336.63.
- 2016 Summary Report: The 2016 fundraising goal was $515,000; Staff pledged $495,000.
- 2015 Summary Report: The 2015 fundraising goal was $550,000; Staff pledged $504,535.69.
- 2014 Summary Report: The 2014 fundraising goal was $520,000; Staff pledged $517,000.