What is proposed for construction
In Spring 2018, the Austin City Council will consider a Proposed Corridor Construction Program for approval.
The Proposed Corridor Construction Program contains mobility, safety, and connectivity improvements on Burnet Road from Koenig Lane to MoPac Expressway.
If approved, these projects would:
- reduce vehicular delay and crashes
- improve the effectiveness of transit
- create continuous ADA-compliant sidewalks along the entire length of the corridor
- create continuous bicycle facilities along the entire length of the corridor.
Click here or on the image to the right (or below) for more about what's included for Burnet Road. Haz clic aquí para descargar una página con información acerca de Burnet Road.
Get more information about the Proposed Corridor Construction Program at AustinTexas.gov/CorridorMobility.
North Lamar/Burnet Corridor Mobility Plan
Corridor Mobility Plans are being used as the basis for development of the proposed Corridor Construction Program. The City of Austin finalized a Corridor Mobility Plan for North Lamar Boulevard/Burnet Road in December 2013.
This plan recommends short-, medium- and long-term improvements for safety, mobility, sustainability, and quality-of-life along Burnet Road from Koenig Lane to MoPac.
Click on the links below to read the plan.
- North Lamar - Burnet Corridor Report (FULL REPORT) - (PDF, 7.5 MB)
- Executive Summary - (PDF, 1.0 MB)
- Appendix A - Recommended Improvements (Cross Sections) - (PDF, 18.8 MB)
- Appendix B - Cost Estimates (PDF, 253 KB)
- Appendix C - Public Involvement Plan (PDF, 284 KB)
- Appendix D - Drainage Improvements (PDF, 219 KB)
- Appendix E - Traffic Counts (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Appendix F - Traffic Analysis (PDF, 327 KB)
North Lamar/Burnet Corridor Mobility Plan: Recommended Improvements
The North Lamar/Burnet Corridor Mobility Plan recommends short-, medium- and long-term mobility improvements. Recommendations in the Corridor Mobility Plans are being evaluated for inclusion in the Corridor Construction Program. Recommended improvements in the North Lamar/Burnet Corridor Mobility Plan may be modified for further project development and construction, including lane widths, median widths, buffer zones and landscape zone widths. Read the recommendations in the North Lamar/Burnet Corridor Mobility Plan here.
The cross-sections in the image (to the left or below) are an example of an existing cross-section on an Austin corridor and an example conceptual cross-section in a Corridor Mobility Plan.
The example conceptual cross-section from a Corridor Mobility Plan can accommodate multiple modes of transportation, including driving, walking, biking, and taking transit.
The following outreach was conducted over the course of the planning process:
- A public meeting to introduce the planning process in September 2011 (64 participants)
- A second public meeting to review improvement ideas in January 2012 (62 participants)
- Stakeholder meetings with transportation and public agencies, major landowners, transportation advocates and interest groups
- A business open house hosted in October 2011
Throughout the planning process, members of the public often expressed the desire to facilitate more traffic on the road, while also improving bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure and safety. The public identified sidewalk improvements, better bicycle connectivity, and improved transit operations as the top priorities for the Burnet Road corridor.