Barton Skyway Bikeway Connections
- Barton Hills Drive between High Chaparral Cove and Barton Skyway
- Barton Skyway between Barton Hills Drive and Menchaca Road
- Lightsey Road between Menchaca Road and Cody Court
El Departamento de Transporte de Austin está por instalar nuevas conexiones de ciclovías en Barton Skyway, Barton Hills Drive, y Lightsey Road de High Chaparral Cove hasta Cody Court. Favor de contactar Sophia Benner para preguntas, comentarios, o una traducción de materiales de proyectos en línea al (512) 974-7853 o email@example.com.
- A new two-way protected bikeway on the north side of Barton Hills Drive between High Chaparral Cove and Barton Skyway
- A new protected intersection at Barton Skyway and Barton Hills Drive
- New one-way protected bikeways on Barton Skyway between Barton Hills Drive and Menchaca Road
- New one-way protected bikeways on Lightsey Road between Menchaca Road and Cody Court
- No Parking in Bike Lane signs will be installed along the new protected bikeways
- 20+ new parking spaces will be installed on the east sides of Barton Skyway and Lightsey Road between Westhill Drive and Cody Court
- The existing parking spaces on the south side of High Chaparral Cove will remain
- The turn lanes at the intersections of Barton Skyway & South Lamar Boulevard and Barton Skyway & Menchaca Road will remain.
Barton Skyway and Barton Hills Drive intersection
The intersection at Barton Skyway and Barton Hills Drive has been reconstructed to include curb extensions, ADA-accessible curb ramps, and bikeway connections. The existing two-way protected bikeway on the north side of Barton Hills Drive between Azie Morton Road and Barton Skyway will transition to new one-way protected bikeways on Barton Skyway at this new protected intersection.
Project installation began in summer 2020 and is taking place in phases. All work is dependent on weather and any other unanticipated delays.
Have comments or questions?
Send an email to project designer Neil Quarles, or call (512) 974-7657.
This project is funded by the 2016 Mobility Bond Safe Routes to School and Bikeways programs. Learn more about Safe Routes Improvement Projects in District 5. Learn more about Austin's All Ages and Abilities Bicycle Network.