Austin to Manor Trail
The Austin Public Works Urban Trails Program is developing the Austin to Manor Trail as part of the 2016 Mobility Bond. The Austin to Manor Trail will be a 5.5 mile long trail beginning near Daffan Lane and ending near Ben E. Fisher Park in Manor, Texas. The trail will connect to the existing Southern Walnut Creek Trail and follow the proposed Capital Metro green line.
What's Happening Now?
Construction of the Austin to Manor Trail Section 2 begins in April 2023 and is expected to be completed in about a year.
The Urban Trails program is working to connect Austin’s trails network to the city of Manor, located east of Austin. Recommended in the City’s 2014 Urban Trails Plan, the Austin to Manor Trail will create an additional route for commuters between both cities.
The Austin to Manor Trail includes two sections:
- Section 1: Daffan Lane to Lindell Lane - this section is complete and opened in Fall 2014
- Section 2: Lindell Lane to Ben E Fisher Park - currently an active project, construction is expected to begin in Spring 2023.
Austin to Manor Section 1: Daffan Lane to Lindell Lane
This 2.5 mile section of the trail is a ten-foot-wide concrete path that opened to the public in Fall of 2014. The trail connects to the Southern Walnut Creek Trail at Daffan Lane, travels through the Decker Tallgrass Prairie Preserve, and currently ends at a roundabout near Lindell Lane.
Austin to Manor Section 2: Lindell Lane to Ben E Fisher Park
The Urban Trails Program is currently constructing this 2.9-mile project, which will create a 12-foot-wide concrete path that connects to the existing section of the Austin to Manor trail to create a complete connection from Manor, Texas to Austin.
- PER/Planning Phase: Winter 2012 - Spring 2015
- Design Phase: Winter 2015 - Spring 2022
- Construction Phase: Spring 2023 - Spring 2024
The Urban Trails Program released a Preliminary Engineering Report in 2013. This report shows the recommended route for the trail. It also lists topics the City needs to consider to build this trail, such as environmental concerns, wildlife, nearby property ownership, and more. See the Austin to Manor Trail (Lindell Lane to Ben E Fisher Park) preliminary engineering report here.
- 2012 Bond
- Travis County Interlocal Agreement
- Submit questions and comments about this project
- Request a presentation from the project team for your group or organization