Austin Community Survey
The City of Austin administers the Community Survey to a randomized and representative sample size of every Council District. The survey is used to assess satisfaction and to determine ongoing community priorities. The data reflected in this page is from 2015 through 2021; there was no survey in 2020. Review historic reports and questionnaires by visiting the public repository page.
Survey Insights Dashboard
The following is meant to give readers the opportunity to explore survey responses over time as well as understand the demographics of the survey participants.
For a full report of all survey questions, please visit the public repository page.
Navigating the dashboard
- This dashboard has four pages: Satisfaction Analysis, Comment Explorer, Survey Participants, and Dashboard Info.
- To navigate between the pages, use the buttons or the arrows at the bottom of the screen.
- Each page has drop down options to filter the data. To reset all the filters, click the "Reset Filters" button in the top right corner.
- Within a map, please note that darker colors indicate higher satisfaction rating.
- Data is updated annually or biannually, provisional and subject to change.
- In 2021, a total of 2,154 households completed the survey; a minimum of 200 surveys are completed in each of the City’s ten council districts.
- Surveys historically collected late summer/early fall. 2021 results collected July to September 2021
- A seven-page survey was mailed to a stratified random sample of households in the city. Each survey packet contained a cover letter, a copy of the survey, and a postage-paid return envelope. Residents who received the survey packet were given the option of returning the survey by mail or completing it on-line.
- A third party provider, ETC Institute, manages the survey on behalf of the City of Austin.