Anderson Mill Road Regional Mobility Project
The Austin Transportation and Public Works departments have begun construction on Anderson Mill Road (US 183 to Spicewood Parkway) as part of the 2016 Mobility Bond.
What's happening now?
Starting Friday, October 16, the westbound right lane of Anderson Mill Road between approximately US 183 and 9707 Anderson Mill Road will be closed to make space for crews to work. This single lane closure is anticipated to be in place 24 hours a day, seven days a week for up to two months. The second westbound lane will remain open at all times and access to adjacent properties will be maintained during this lane closure.
Construction began in July 2020 and is anticipated to take up to 18 months to complete.
In Summer 2019, City staff completed the design phase of the project.
Preliminary Engineering Recommendations
Final Preliminary Engineering Report - September 2018
This plan recommends short and long-term improvements for safety, mobility, and quality of life along Anderson Mill Road between Spicewood Parkway and US 183.
Click on the links below to read the Anderson Mill Road recommendations:
- View the Anderson Mill Road Preliminary Engineering Report
- Appendix A-1. Preliminary Plan: Cover Sheet, Index Sheet, and Legend Sheet
- Appendix A-2. Preliminary Plan: Existing Conditions Survey
- Appendix A-3. Preliminary Plan: Typical Cross Sections and Intersection Plans
- Appendix A-4. Preliminary Plan: ROW Maps and Proposed Sections
- Appendix A-5. Preliminary Plan: Drainage and Utility Maps
- Appendix B. Phase I Environmental Site Assessment
- Appendix C. Environmental Resources Inventory
- Appendix D. Public Comments
- Appendix E. Traffic Study Report
- Appendix F. Cost Estimates
October 15, 2020: October Anderson Mill Road project update
August 25, 2020: Anderson Mill Road project now under construction
September 4, 2019: Anderson Mill Road project reaches 100% design milestone