Anderson Mill Road Regional Mobility Project
The Austin Transportation and Public Works Departments are reviewing Anderson Mill Road as part of the 2016 Mobility Bond (Project ID 11880.002). The project is funded for preliminary engineering, design and construction of improvements on Anderson Mill Road between Spicewood Parkway and US 183.
This project started as a grassroots, community-led effort to address safety and mobility issues along Anderson Mill Road in northwest Austin. Learn more about the community-led initiative to improve Anderson Mill Road.
City staff initiated the preliminary engineering effort in February 2017. Preliminary engineering includes evaluating existing conditions based on community input and transportation metrics such as vehicle, pedestrian and bicycle counts, speed, driveway analysis, crash pattern analysis, right of way width and availability, drainage, sidewalk condition, utilities, etc.
In March 2018, staff initiated the design phase of the project, which will begin to further refine the design and cost estimates.
Preliminary Engineering Recommendations
Final Preliminary Engineering Report - September 2018
This plan recommends short and long-term improvements for safety, mobility, and quality of life along Anderson Mill Road between Spicewood Parkway and US 183. The recommendations represent about 30 percent design and will be refined further during the design phase.
Click on the links below to read the Anderson Mill Road recommendations:
- View the Anderson Mill Road Preliminary Engineering Report
- Appendix A-1. Preliminary Plan: Cover Sheet, Index Sheet, and Legend Sheet
- Appendix A-2. Preliminary Plan: Existing Conditions Survey
- Appendix A-3. Preliminary Plan: Typical Cross Sections and Intersection Plans
- Appendix A-4. Preliminary Plan: ROW Maps and Proposed Sections
- Appendix A-5. Preliminary Plan: Drainage and Utility Maps
- Appendix B. Phase I Environmental Site Assessment
- Appendix C. Environmental Resources Inventory
- Appendix D. Public Comments
- Appendix E. Traffic Study Report
- Appendix F. Cost Estimates
Funding sources for the Anderson Mill Road Regional Mobility Project:
- $5.5 million from the 2016 Mobility Bond’s Regional Mobility Program
- Up to $1.26 million from the District 6 Quarter-Cent Fund
- $500,000 from the 2010 Mobility Bond
Join our mailing list
The City of Austin wants to hear from residents and business owners who live, work, play and use Anderson Mill Road to inform the development of the recommendations.
Provide your email below to stay up-to-date on Anderson Mill Road.
Contact the project team
If you're part of a group that meets regularly and would like a briefing about the project, email Emily Tuttle to request a presentation.