Year in Review
COVID-19 has wrought many challenges on our community. While these have been enormously difficult times, collectively, we have stepped up as a community to face these challenges directly. Our successes are due in no small part to our residents, community leaders, and City and County public servants. Since the pandemic began in January 2020, our combined efforts have resulted in the Austin area experiencing the lowest total COVID-19 positive cases per capita compared to peer metropolitan cities in Texas.
- 72 childcare providers
- 32 live music venues, performance spaces, art venues, and individual artists facing displacement
- 1,600 creative sector workers
- 904 small businesses (grants and loans)
- 1,500 performing musicians
- 217 non-profit organizations