46th-47th Streets and Bennett-Middle Fiskville Neighborhood Bikeways
Austin Transportation is evaluating streets in the Triangle State, Hyde Park, Hancock and North Loop neighborhoods as a potential neighborhood bikeway route.
- This bikeway would help connect the All Ages and Abilities Bicycle Network between Sunshine Drive, E Koenig Lane, IH-35 and E 43rd Street.
February 2021 Update
After two rounds of community feedback, ATD has finalized the project design. Implementation of the project will occur in phases beginning this spring. Recent updates to the design include:
- An extension
of the in-street protected walking lane on the north side of W 46th
Street (beginning at Avenue A) from Speedway to Avenue H.
- An updated crossing island design at 47th Street and Duval Street. Four curb extensions, two crosswalks, two pedestrian crossing islands and
a painted bicycle priority crossing will be installed at the
intersection. The new revised design allows for through and left-turning
motor vehicle movements in all directions. The crossing island design
will first be installed using flexible posts and later be built in
View the final design for Middle Fiskville Road, Clarkson Avenue, Caswell Avenue, E 46th Street, Bennett Avenue and E 43rd Street.
Fall 2019: Project Open House and Survey
The project team shared a preliminary design for the proposed neighborhood bikeway route at a community open house on November 12, 2019. A project survey was available at the open house and online through December 15, 2019.
Key features of the preliminary design included:
- New pavement markings ("sharrows") to alert people driving to expect people bicycling.
- New wayfinding signs to guide people riding bicycles to local and regional destinations.
- New and modified speed reduction devices (e.g., speed humps or speed cushions) to achieve lower speeds (20-25 mph)
- Improvements to major street crossings for people walking or riding bicycles.
- New sidewalks on E 46th Street (Red River Street to Airport Boulevard) and Bennett Avenue (43rd Street to 46th Street).
Provide your email address below:
Proporcione su dirección de correo electrónico:
August 13, 2020: Review Survey Results for 46th-47th Streets and Bennett-Middle Fiskville Neighborhood Bikeways
November 18, 2019: Review 46th-47th Streets and Bennett-Middle Fiskville Neighborhood Bikeways Open House Materials Online