46th-47th Streets and Bennett-Middle Fiskville Neighborhood Bikeways
- This bikeway would help connect the All Ages and Abilities Bicycle Network between Sunshine Drive, E Koenig Lane, IH-35 and E 43rd Street.
Funding for these changes has been identified from the 2016 Mobility Bond Bikeways and Sidewalks Programs.
August 2020 Update
The project team has received and reviewed over 100 individual survey responses. Over 70% of survey respondents supported the proposed improvements. Survey respondents also expressed support for:
- Lowering motor vehicle speeds along the bikeway route to 20-25 mph by installing speed reduction devices such as speed humps or speed cushions.
- Both proposed options (Caswell Avenue and Clarkson Avenue) for the routing of a north-south connection between Middle Fiskville Road and E 46th Street.
- Improved pedestrian facilities along the route.
- Safety improvements for intersections and crossings.
Fall 2019: Project Open House and Survey
The project team shared a preliminary design for the proposed neighborhood bikeway route at a community open house on November 12, 2019. A project survey was available at the open house and online through December 15, 2019.
Key features of the preliminary design included:
- New pavement markings ("sharrows") to alert people driving to expect people bicycling.
- New wayfinding signs to guide people riding bicycles to local and regional destinations.
- New and modified speed reduction devices (e.g., speed humps or speed cushions) to achieve lower speeds (20-25 mph)
- Improvements to major street crossings for people walking or riding bicycles.
- New sidewalks on E 46th Street (Red River Street to Airport Boulevard) and Bennett Avenue (43rd Street to 46th Street).
Provide your email address below:
Llamar al (512) 974-7853
Proporcione su dirección de correo electrónico:
- August 13, 2020: Review Survey Results for 46th-47th Streets and Bennett-Middle Fiskville Neighborhood Bikeways
- November 18, 2019: Review 46th-47th Streets and Bennett-Middle Fiskville Neighborhood Bikeways Open House Materials Online
- October 29, 2019: Join us Nov. 12 for a 46th-47th Streets Bennett-Middle Fiskville Neighborhood Bikeways Open House