Number of apprenticeship and internship positions offered by City of Austin
The Human Resources Department Diversity Initiatives Division is responsible for this metric. It serves to assist Departments in developing and implementing a comprehensive, integrated, and strategic focus on diversity and inclusion as a critical component of all human resource recruitment programs and community engagement. The Division works directly with the City’s Affinity Groups, and partners with local colleges and universities to host various recruiting events and is continuously evaluating recruiting processes, diversity recruiting efforts, and on-going community outreach & engagement.
The City of Austin works toward developing a campus recruiting strategy that aligns with diversity recruiting initiatives. As this team and strategy develop, the hope is to see this metric increase as the City remains an employer of choice and expands internship programs.
Note: To see the underlying data for this chart, please select the "View Source Data" link to the left.
Additional Measure Insights
The data below shows the internship measure segmented by Title and Vocational Field.
Measure Details and Definition
1) Definition: This measure is a count of how many apprenticeship and internship positions are held at the City of Austin.
2) Calculation method: This is a count of the number of internship positions at the City of Austin across all city departments.
3) Data Collection Process: This data is pulled from the Banner, the City's payroll system.
4) Measure Target Calculation: Target goal is 300 interns citywide. This is a new program and target goals have been set to accommodate growth. As the program progresses goals may be edited to reflect program growth.
5) Frequency Measure is Reported: Annually(Fiscal Year)